Survey is now closed!
Thank you to the Little Rock & North Little Rock Creative Community and all survey respondents for your interest in ensuring affordable creative working and living spaces for artists.
For more information, and to stay updated on when survey results will be available, check out the Artspace Rocks Facebook Page!
The Windgate Foundation invited Artspace, a national nonprofit leader in the field of affordable creative space development, to explore the feasibility of creating an affordable live/work community in the Little Rock/North Little Rock metro region, a region we are calling “The Rocks.”
A series of meetings with the community and local leaders occurred in July and August, setting the stage for this next big step: A Creative Space Needs Survey of creative people, especially those interested in affordable space. Input will help the local stakeholder group and Artspace determine if there is ample need for new space, what type of space to create, what “affordable” means in the community, where to build, and if this idea should be taken to the next step.
The full Preliminary Feasibility Study (PFS) is available for download. Just scroll to the bottom of the page.
If you are engaged in creative pursuits and consider that work to be a form of art, craft, a cultural or creative expression or heritage preservation, then we probably will too. Many creatives don’t even think of themselves as artists. A member of the creative sector:
- Has a sincere commitment to their creative-based work
- May make things that are artistic, creative, functional, or all of the above! (woodturners, milliners, potters, writers, leather workers, artisanal foods/craft beverages makers, painters, performers, photographers, jewelers, floral arrangers, stylists)
- May be engaged in any creative/artistic/cultural pursuits including visual arts, performing, culinary, literary, musical, administration, educational work or practices
- May or may not make any income form their creative-based work (or may or may not aspire to)
- May or may not create or practice full time (or may or may not aspire to)
- Has or is developing a body of work or is actively training, practicing, and/or making
- Comes from any and all walk of life
As a supporter of the creative community and this project, we welcome your help and your ideas. You may take the survey and indicate you are not involved in the arts/creative industries. You will then be asked to share some information about yourself, your ideas for a future facility, and have an opportunity to sign-up to stay in touch.
And please, share the survey widely among your interested friends and colleagues and creative sector people you may know.
This study is made possible with the generous funding and support of the Windgate Foundation. The cities of Little Rock and North Little Rock are critical partners and are represented within a “hard” core group of volunteer community members helping to lead this effort. This project would not be possible without this dedicated local stakeholder leadership group.
The survey is developed and owned by Artspace.
The greater the response to this survey by a diverse group of artists, makers, and creatives, the more useful the information will be. We need your help in getting the word out broadly and encouraging others to participate.
Please forward the survey link ArtspaceRocks.org to your friends and colleagues, and share it in your social networks. And remember: #ArtspaceRocks!
This survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete, and:
- Is for everyone in the arts/creative sector who currently is living or working, or those who would like to live or work there, in “The Rocks” metro area
- Is easiest to view on a large screen (computer or tablet), but is also optimized for a smart phone
- Is confidential. Your private information will NOT be shared with other organizations and responses are maintained anonymously. Data is analyzed in the aggregate only.
If you would like to receive occasional updates about this project, you can sign up at the end of the survey.
If you experience any technical difficulty while taking the survey or you have any concerns or questions about survey items, please contact Teri at Artspace