Artspace is committed to serving arts, creative, and cultural organizations in various stages of facility planning in Memphis. Previously hosted in Detroit, MI, and currently running in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, MN, the program provides invaluable insights for arts administrators seeking to address their space-related goals – from relocating to buying a building to expanding an existing space. Curriculum will include:
- Workshops that feature presentations from experts in the field, collaboration with other cohort participants, and small group discussions
- Individualized technical assistance consulting from Artspace
- Access to templates and documents created by Artspace
- Mentorship throughout the duration of the program
- An all-expenses paid roundtrip to Artspace headquarters in Minneapolis to meet real estate experts on Artspace staff, tour Artspace commercial buildings, and share experiences and knowledge with the “Artspace Immersion: Twin Cities” cohort
- A $5,000 planning stipend per organization to advance their project goals, provided at the conclusion of the program
Topics incorporate project management, concept refinement, budgeting for space, site assessment, financing and loans, fundraising strategy, partnerships, marketing and communications, and navigating city resources.
Artspace Immersion is made possible by The Kresge Foundation.