The Preliminary Feasibility Study is the first step towards an Artspace live/work, multi-use, or other arts facility development.
A two-day Preliminary Feasibility Visit by two Artspace Consulting staff kicks off the study. As part of this fact-finding process, the consulting team meets with artists, city officials, funders, and other stakeholders. Artspace looks at multiple buildings and sites to start visualizing the project and holds a public meeting to listen to the community and generate buzz. The six areas of consideration during the study are:
- Alignment with Broader Community Goals
- Local Leadership
- Funding and Finance
- Potential Sites
- Arts Market
- Project Concept
Who might benefit
- City governments and civic organizations
- Arts & cultural organizations
- Downtown organizations
What is included
- Consulting time in preparation for the visit which includes a review of past studies, invitation lists, agenda, and potential building/sites.
- Original Artspace materials to assist in preparing and sharing information regarding the visit.
- A two-day visit to facilitate focus groups, tour potential sites, hear from the local community, and present at a public meeting.
- Written Preliminary Feasibility Report with Artspace’s findings, recommended next steps, and helpful tools to strengthen the creative sector in a given community.