The Preliminary Feasibility Study is the first step towards an Artspace live/work, multi-use, or other arts facility development.
Summary of the Study:
A 2-day Preliminary Feasibility Visit by two Artspace Consulting staff kick-starts the process. As part of this fact-finding process, the consulting team meets with artists, city officials, funders, and other stakeholders. Artspace looks at multiple buildings and sites to start to visualize the project, and holds a public meeting to listen to the community and generate buzz.
There are six areas of consideration during the study:
- Alignment with Broader Community Goals
- Local Leadership
- Funding and Finance
- Potential Sites
- Arts Market
- Project Concept
Who Might Benefit:
- City Governments/Civic Organizations
- Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Downtown Organizations
What is Included:
- Consulting phone/email time in preparation for the visit, including review of invitation lists, agenda, and potential building/sites, and past studies.
- Original Artspace materials to assist in preparing and sharing information regarding the visit.
- Two-day visit to facilitate focus groups, tour potential sites, hear from the local community, and present at a public meeting.
- Written Preliminary Feasibility Report with Artspace’s findings, recommended next steps, and helpful tools to strengthen the creative sector in a given community.